Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
flip Pinas
Watching the news is the new form of masochism. I’m trying to detach myself from what’s happening in the political arena lately, but it’s too hard. It’s screaming all over the place. I’m having a lousy day right now because I woke up to shrieking and teary-eyed Susan Roces on national TV. I can’t blame her if she wants GMA to resign or be impeached. Poe’s loss in the elections probably led him to his graveyard. But there’s no logic on that. Some will say that he died of natural causes. I’d say he died because he lost over a woman.
I'm not in favor of what GMA has done. She’s still an a** for cheating, and even a bigger butt*** for admitting it. Someone once said, whether you want to win or lose, always cheat. It’s quite stupid, but if you think about it, almost everyone in politics cheat. And people have gotten used to it. It is difficult to remain honest in a society like this. You’ll just get stepped on and you’ll get caught under the pit.
Two Sundays ago, Tatoff and I were on our way to his house because it’s Father’s Day. We swerved to the right and failed to notice MMDA men standing by. We were asked to stop, and the man began to blab blah blab about our violations and what we can do to get the license back. Tatoff never got caught before, and bribing didn’t enter his head immediately. I was there getting impatient because I know what he wants. I lost it and told Tatoff to show him the money. He still remained polite and listened to the officer. "May seminar po kada Lunes ng 3 oras. Tapos pwede nyo nang makuha ung lisensya nyo." Tatoff asks more questions about his fine and the seminar schedules. The conversation wasn’t going anywhere, and I can’t believe those nasty offenders actually attend a seminar on this crap.
Finally, Mr. MMDA blew it. "Kung gusto nyo po ngayon nyo na bayaran ung fine para hindi na kayo maabala. Sign na lang kayo dito tapos kami nang bahala." There you go, I bet he was dying to say that 15 minutes ago. Tatoff asked how much he had to pay. "Kahit kalahati na lang po ng fine nyo." That’s a whopping P500 down the drain, man! And only stayed on that freaking yellow line for less than a minute! Sheesh.
Tatoff felt disappointed for what happened but I told him that it’s the sad reality in our country. Halos lahat nadadaan na sa pera. It was Father’s Day and the officer may need the money. At least that’s all I can tell him to lessen the pain of losing a day’s salary.
Speaking of money, it’s even more frustrating to hear about all this scandals and outbursts while the Filipino is still stuck in a rut of bills, bills and more bills to pay. The price of gas is rising P4 per liter tomorrow. I don’t drive a car, and I don’t have mouths to feed but that doesn’t mean I have the power to squander what I earn. I know I need to save up, and with the rate our economy is going, I’m sure most of the people in my generation should begin saving for that bleak ‘future’ somewhere out there.
It’s no wonder people are getting married later these days. Who needs more masochism? If my mom got married at my age, does that make me less mature to view the responsibility of marriage as an immense fear? Who wants to settle down when you’re earning an amount that’s not even enough to house you in a tiny condo? Who wants to get married when you’re savings is only enough to buy a refrigerator? And I’m saying this because I think women shouldn’t depend on their spouse’s savings all their lives. That’s why dependent housewives end up as suffering more after a divorce. Lack of money means lack of power, pride and confidence, unfortunately.
So what do we do if the economy turns from worst to worsssstttt? Leave the country. At least that’s what most people are doing. And given the chance to do that, I would too. I don’t know how and I don’t know where, but I would if I could. At least that option will detach you from the perils of your own nation, even for just a little while. I know Filipinos abroad will still find their way back. Most are just there to save up for their family while they still can. They leave to live, then return to die. As a visiting OFW said, "Mas gusto pa rin naming mamatay dito."
"..ang mamatay ng dahil sa ‘yo."
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas.
3:55 PM
Thursday, June 30, 2005