Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
ramble scramble
1) I want to work out. I failed to hit the gym this week, when I need it most. I hope I have enough endurance and patience during the climb tomorrow.
2) I lack sleep. My little nook in the condo is just not conducive to a peaceful slumber. Add that to my daily anxiety and excitement this week. I'm so glad it's Friday and we're going out of town.
3) I have a new haircut. This week, I've been so eager to cut my thick, breast-length, chaotic hair. I told the stylist at C. Britanico to trim 2 inches off it, but he ended up giving me an entirely different hairstyle. I was shocked at first, but my head's a lot lighter. My hair doesn't look that thick and messed up, and I feel like I don't need to comb it. Hurray!
4) My close high school friend's engaged. Last night, we had dinner with his fiance (naks!) at Glorietta. Though I'm one of the first people who knew about their love story and plans, I still can't believe she's tying the knot. I know she's mature and she's ready, but when I try and put myself in her shoes, I cringe. Different strokes for different folks. But I'm really happy for them. Finally, they can be 'together'. I'll really miss her when she leaves though. I can't believe marriage may require you to leave everything and everyone behind for your beloved. On the other hand, I think I'll completely understand, in time. :P
5) I'm glad the relationship's smooth sailing. Thank God for this sense of warmth and security. We've learned a lot in the past year, and we're just enjoying each and every moment. No pressures from the future, just bliss from the present. I love being able to answer "How are you two?" with a grin and my thumbs up, just like how it happened last night. I'm loving this steady feeling.
6) Work's fine. After more than a year in this field, I've learned to be numb from arrogance and redundancy. I just do what must be done because some faceless client said so. I've managed to be indifferent to rejection and failure. And I'm very proud of myself. :-)
Here's a comic strip that says it all:
10:16 AM
Friday, March 03, 2006