Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
lifestyle check
It’s been more than a month since we moved out of the 36th floor condo unit. My mom’s still as busy refurbishing the house in Sta. Rosa while I stay in a dorm a few blocks away from my office street. I go home during the weekends and make the most out of all the freebies I can hoard, and all the DVDs I can watch overnight. But weekdays are more challenging when you find yourself without your own house, and helper.
Like Tatoff, I’ve become a resident ghost to my roommates. Some are actually shocked if I’m sitting on my upper bunk bed at 10PM. Since there’s no food, laptop, Internet, cable TV, DVD player, and all kinds of technology that makes you sane at the comfort of your own home, I can’t help but find more exhilarating ways to kill time before I call it a day.
Since July, I run to the mall or the gym to seek refuge. Together with my pigout pal. I stuff myself with fastfood daily or foreign cuisine, if I’m not feeling stingy. The Jollibee statue is just as sick and tired seeing us, as we are of him/it. Our living room is the nearby movie theater or Timezone or the cheapest computer shop. We’ve seen 2 movies this week, played AirHockey about 4 times, and even tried Time Crisis 3 to amuse ourselves before going to our respective beds. We talk about anything under the sun (and moon), laugh at all the ghastly knock-knock jokes, and fight over the shallowest things such as startling each other in the middle of a creepy scene in ‘Sukob’.
All in all, it’s been a ‘noisy’ month and a very costly one at that. We know there are so many more productive and less pricey ways to keep us busy, but how come we’ve resorted to all these media? Why can’t we just go home and read a book in silence? What happened to our plan of enrolling for Mandarin classes? Did watching television give us a bad case of attention-deficit disorder? Maybe. And we better do something about it before we become a stockholder of the Ayala Malls.
Nonetheless, I look forward to all these noisy weeknights because of my anti-boredom-buddy, Tatoff. I used to say that when I get into a relationship, I would not depend on him and his schedule. I find myself taking it back as I leave this office building everyday. Be it another movie night, emo night, alcohol night, laugh trip night, pig out night, or mushy night, I’m thankful for every minute of his company. Our house may be far away, but I know I’m very much at home when I’m with him. :-)
5:25 PM
Friday, August 04, 2006