Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
pacman of the hour

from Yahoo! Photos
A week before the second Pacquiao-Morales bout last January, I decided to drag my almost overweight self to Red Corner to try out a sport which suits my hostility - boxing. After Pacquiao won that fight, I was even more inspired to pursue the sport. I just fell in love with the instensity of every training or punchbag class, and I knew I found the sport I was looking for.
Months after, I haven't got much time to devote to boxing. Each visit would give me body pains but I alwas thought they were all worth it. I didn't care if I lost weight or not, I just really enjoyed every jab, hook, and cut.
After coming back from my hibernation last September, I was surprised and flattered to receive an invitation from the trainer to join the inter-gym's boxing challenge. He even called my "Pacquiao" since I was left handed. My sexuality was also questioned because I punch relatively hard for a girl. (How masochistic, right?)
As much as I would want to be a lady boxer and fight for real inside the ring, I just had to decline. My work schedule just doesn't allow me to train daily, plus Tatoff and my mom freaked out when I told them I was invited. The fear of getting beaten up didn't really bother me. In fact, I was more afraid of hurting my opponent.
I watch the other girls trained at night, and felt remorse at one time. I wanted to be a good boxer, aside from wanting to be trim and tight. But then, I had doubts just thinking how fast my body gains muscle. I already appear masculine and honestly, I wouldn't want my biceps any bigger than they already are especially during my friend's wedding come January next year.
It's been almost a year since I began the sport of boxing. I'm still in love with it but sadly, I haven't given it much time. Given the choice, I'd want to teach a boxing class as a hobby or even as a part-time job. After watching the 3rd fight this afternoon, I admired dedicated boxers, like Pacquiao, even more. At the same time, I regret not joining the boxing challenge. If only I alloted some time for training and sacrificed some of my whims, I would've experienced what it is to be a real boxer. I would've experienced how it is to fight my own fight, literally.
The succeeding months will be full of challenges and I got bouts to overcome as well. Boxing reminds me of the courage, strength and determination to win the most arduous fight each of us has to face.
Hail Pacquiao for winning his match, and thumbs up to everyone who has the heart to win against every punch of life!
10:03 PM
Sunday, November 19, 2006