Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
gratitude
One proverb says that “It is always better to want what you have, rather than have what you want.” Sometimes we fail to see what’s in front of us, because we look too far. Before the week ends, let me try to count some blessings of the present before I become too preoccupied with what lies ahead.
I’m very grateful…
- For the scarcity of work orders today. At least I have time to blog and unwind, unlike last week when we were so harassed working on the pitch.
- For clean and lukewarm water for bathing, for well-pressed clothes and for the breakfast prepared by my Mom this morning.
- For a beautiful new house and a cozy village we live in. I look forward to weekends also because I know I’m coming ‘home’.
- For a safe and convenient trip from Sta. Rosa to Makati.
- For my old yet lasting friends for their trust and acceptance after all these years.
- For today, because it’s the last day of the week and we’re getting our most-awaited Christmas bonus.
- For the new Innova that my Mom bought. It’s quite admirable that she can still afford to buy another vehicle while paying for a house, when she’s a single parent. That’s how much guts, determination and faith she has.
- For Tatoff and his successful operation exactly two years ago. We weren’t a couple then, but I remember praying deeply for him then because that’s all I could do. He wouldn’t even let me visit him in the hospital!
- For my Mom, who’s celebrating her 55th birthday this Tuesday. She has taught me everything I need to survive life and i really hope I make her more proud and happy someday.
Thank you for all of these. You know who You are.
12:12 PM
Friday, December 08, 2006