Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
two-timer blogger
I’ve been writing most of my blog entries in my Multiply account, just so I can monitor and even choose the people who may view it. I know a blog is supposed to be public domain, but recent events have forced me not to disclose too much information to the World Wide Web. That’s also the reason why I’m writing in Filipino most of the time. Hehe. I realized that I usually write on this blog when I don’t really want anyone to comment on my entry, or people giving me unsolicited advice.
Anyway, the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster ride without the nausea and vomit stains, fortunately. I say it’s a rollercoaster ride because so many exhilarating things have happened. Una, nakauwi ako nang hindi nagpapaalam tapos nakasama pa ko sa malupit na SBMA inuman sa Canyon Woods, Tagaytay. At nakapagdiwang rin ng kaarawan ni Tatoff nang mas maaga. Naiwan man ako ng eroplano pauwi, hinding-hindi ko pagsisisihan ang biyaheng yun kahit kailan!
Secondly, I quit my first job (at nakahinga ko nang napakalalim!) and third, I started at the new agency right away. I don’t know what has gotten into me, but even if I wanted to take a well-deserved rest and experience bumming for a while, I chose the road less traveled anyway. I guess my idea of bumming is about being a couch potato til the wee hours, waiting for breakfast/lunch/merienda/dinner to be served, drinking and chatting with friends all night, taking a nap by the beach, and basically forgetting that time existed. Obviously, I can only do those things comfortably when I’m in my homeland. Hence, there’s no point taking a break before starting a new job. I’m far from being considered a workaholic though. It’s just that I still consider this country as my ‘workplace’ since I’m in the office the entire time anyway. But slowly, Singapore is becoming more of a home for me, thanks to cable TV and my friendly housemates who often share their cooked meals with me.
Lastly, I’m looking forward to the end of this month because darling Tatoff is moving here to find a job, then stay for good as well. My faith tells me he’ll land a job soon. And I’m sure he’d be diligent enough to prevent his hard-earned pocket money from running out. Only 24 days remaining, weee!
So there, life’s full of thrills like that. I make sure I always keep everything documented at least, just so when I’ve finally settled here, I can look back and laugh at myself for all the melodramatic entries I’ve compiled. I celebrated my 6th month here, by the way. Well I didn’t really celebrate. I was too anxious about my first day at work. Speaking of work, it’s only my third day here and I’m already blogging. And this time I chose Blogger, because I’m done hiding. Nakalusot ako sa pagtakas! Well that’s what I think. Hindi naman ata nila nakita sa passport ko yung Immigration stamp. Nonetheless, I don’t give a damn! High five!
6:28 PM
Wednesday, September 05, 2007