Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
sniff sniff i miss riding the jeep
Since I moved to Singapore, I learned the difference between ‘walking distance’ and ‘tricycle distance’. In most cases, the latter prevails. And I hate it! With a passion of a thousand suns! (Right, Ezra? Haha!)
Seriously, I’m tired of walking to the MRT station. I’m tired of walking from the station to my office. I’m tired of walking from the station to the mall. I miss riding the tryke, the pedicab and the jeepney! I’ve so many kalyos already! (hehe sorry rhyming eh)
They say the transportation system here is world-class. Yes I totally agree. The last time I went home, I really felt the big difference between our MRT and theirs. The buses are not bad either. Although you have to walk to the bus stops as well. As well as master all their numbers and routes. As for the cabs, well for a hoi polloi-slash-kuripot like me, taking cabs comes as the last option. I only take it when I’m uber late, when it’s raining cats and dogs, and of course, when the MRT is closed and buses have turned into pumpkins.
So where was I… I just want to complain about the lack of short-distance transportation. I wish I could start a pedicab business here or something. But of course. Minister Mentor Lee Kwan Yew might cane me a thousand times for de-urbanizing his Lion City.
Oh well, Sabel. Ranting on the first week of the year is bad. So I just figured out a solution. Maybe I should get a bike! Sans the schmuck looking helmet, I actually love biking during my madungis-at-amoy-pawis juvenile years. I can even ride with no hands. Well I’m sure everyone could do that at one point in their lives.
To bike or not to bike? I’m sure my Mom would disagree. But what the heck. Let’s see how it goes. I just hope I won’t get hit by law-abiding yet almost always stupid drivers in this city.
SFX: "Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila, ang himig mong kay sarap sa tenga. Mga jeepney mong nagliliparan… Mga lalake mong nagagwapuhan (Oo mga boys konti lang talaga gwapo dito, get over yourselves)… Take me back in your arms Manila. And promise me you’ll never let go...”
Okay gotta go and walk to the MRT station now. UGH.
6:20 PM
Friday, January 04, 2008