Welcome to the jungle!
Click on the boxes on the right to view my blog, or do something good for mankind :)
meet the predator
call me jenie
born on 02/20/83 after my Dad & Mom drank beer and ate balut 9 months before
lives in Singapore, but always a Pinoy at heart
works as an advertising copywriter, but hates proofreading her blog entries
loves true friends, fake DVD's, alternative music, alcohol, sarcasm, boxing, hatha yoga, and House (the TV series,not the music genre)
loathes indifference, power trippers, narcissists, giant egos and bad breath
tries to live by the quote "Postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." by Anais Nin
CNY break:Trips to T3,Chinatown & Bintan :)
Since my wisdom tooth extraction was canceled, I had to come up with a back up plan to stay sane and keep my Mom entertained during the Lunar New Year break. I didn't know SG really becomes a ghost town for the non-Chinese this time of year. I intentionally scheduled the excruciating extraction so I have time to heal without taking VL. But no, the dentist told me that my teeth is fine and my wisdom teeth are out nicely. Tatoff said, "Gusto mo lang ata ng sakit ng katawan eh!" Bwahaha hindi naman, I just have this thing against crooked teeth. And I thought it's my wisdom tooth's fault. But then again, he knows me too well :P (Anyway, I digress.)
So for the past 5 days, we went to Chinatown (how predictable), T3 (because it's the place to be!) and Bintan, Indonesia!
About the beach, I think San Juan's shoreline is better. But I love the waves of Bintan more! Although the more exhilarating the waves are when you're swimming or body boarding, the worse they become when you're on a ferry boat.
On our way there, people of all ages were vomiting left and right. I thought I survived the worst seasickness of my life until the ferry arrived Bintan terminal. While falling in line on our way out, I had to grab one of the blue plastic bags. How embarrassing! Oh well, it seems to be a fad that morning anyway. So I guess I'm 'in'! Haha.
Okay, some more highlights of the trip. I had a photo beside a baby elephant! I couldn't believe I was more afraid of it than the snake I held before. I think it's the giant tusks and the twirly trunk. I feel like it's gonna strangle me or pierce me in the sides.
Thanks to Mama for visiting me and taking an impromptu out-of-the-country trip with me! Now it’s time to stay put, rot if I must, and hopefully save money for my next beach trip in Pinas. See you again soon! :)
All photos at jeniegab.multiply.com :)
10:58 AM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008